Millions of people struggle with the overall look of their smile. Does your self-confidence suffer when you feel your grin doesn’t show at its best? The way your smile appears shouldn’t stop you from living your life to the fullest. Cosmetic dentistry brings customizable, positive solutions that will have you displaying your smile without fear. An experienced cosmetic dentist can give you a cosmetic makeover that will stop all the negativity and enhance your day-to-day.
Do your teeth qualify for a cosmetic makeover?
Every client is unique with their own individual needs. Around 15 million people undergo crown and bridge replacement treatments annually. Another 3 million receive dental implants to increase the fullness of their smile. Cosmetic dentistry addresses numerous teeth problems with a variety of treatment options to improve your special grin. Here are a few ways quality dentists keep your smile in perfect alignment with your needs:
- Porcelain Veneers – These attach to your teeth, enabling shape, attractive color, and teeth alignment to form your best smile.
- Porcelain Crowns – Used to stabilize damaged or eroded enamel caused by trauma, grinding, clenching or decaying bone, they not only stabilize with the use of a cap, they can provide a whiter, beautiful surface look.
- Teeth Whitening – For yellow teeth, a session with a tooth whitening expert can afford you the look you desire. To gain a young, youthful appearance there are many viable teeth whitening options versatile dental clinics offer that will cater to your smile’s needs.
- Invisalign – This cosmetic dentistry application addresses and fixes tooth gaps, crowded teeth or the excessive showing of gingival tissue. Easily removed for the daily needs like brushing and eating, the transparent mold of Invisalign takes the “invasive” out of your everyday habits.
- Non-surgical Gum Therapy – A preventative gum solution that functions as a deterrent for bacteria growth that causes irritating gum and/or tooth pain, it can bring immense comfort and alleviate daily suffering. Root scaling and root planing are less-intrusive options that can bring the health back to bleeding gums or a mouth prone to infections.
- Surgical Solutions – Jaw reshaping, gum loss, tooth shaping, contouring and other options requiring surgical procedures can change your entire smile for the better. If you struggle with tooth decay or other serious mouth maladies, an experienced dentist will know how applying the right process will better your quality of life.
What types of questions should you ask your dentist?
Knowing what questions to ask can ease your fears of the unknown and help any kind of cosmetic makeover go more smoothly for you and your tooth specialist. So what do you need to calm your nerves? Below are a few helpful questions that can bring peace of mind to the most anxious client:
Can I see your previous work? It’s okay to ask for proof of previous successful cosmetic dentistry applications. This helps you to understand the process and gives you an idea of what to expect from your dentist.
- How will you address my…? While cosmetic dentistry beautifies your smile, underlying problems such as gum disease and tooth decay needs to be addressed before you proceed. It’s a preventative measure that will save your smile for years to come.
- Do my teeth grinding/clenching affect the likelihood of me getting veneers? An important question for those looking to get a cosmetic smile upgrade, night guards may be a great option for those who have a tendency to grind in their sleep.
Asking the right questions can literally change your life. What does your unique smile need? Visit our website and discover your own perfect smile today!